Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Next Stop on the Blog Train

Welcome to the Roseville, California depot. Soooooo glad you made it this far. This is one long blog train. So bravo, to you!!



I'll be posting my contribution to the brag book later but first let me tell you about a fun birthday tradition in our house. A couple years ago I did a study of the book of Deuteronomy from the Bible. If you've read that book, you know that it's not exactly an action filled, fluffy type of read. Basically, it's all about getting the Israelites' act together so they can enter the Promised Land. But one strong message repeated loud and clear throughout the whole book is to never forget what God did for your fathers. I can't even remember how many times I read that... never forget, do not forget, always remember. It was to give them hope for their future and always keep them thankful. We decided that in our house, we would remember the things God has done for us in a special way. For special dates - getting our house, dh getting his job -- we have a little celebration and we all write thank you letters to God telling Him how grateful we are for His blessings. And we also do that for our birthday celebrations. When it's someone's birthday in our house we each write a thank you letter to God, thanking Him for that person and list a few specific things we are grateful about them for. Then we read them aloud at dinner. It's a very special time of blessing for us and I know it makes the birthday girl/boy/mom/dad feel very loved.



So that's my birthday tradition... started by me... just a few short years ago. But I hope my kids like it enough to continue with it and pass it on to their kids someday.



So onto the good stuff - I'm sure you've accumulated quite a little (well, big) brag book by now. But I have a couple pages to contribute. And I know there's still some fabulous designers after me, so don't give up. Here are my pages:






You can download them HERE




And here are the links before and after me:


You came from:
30. http://www.pressedpetals.blogspot.com/ (Christine - alamama)

YOUR ARE HERE!!
31. http://www.cyndi146.blogspot.com/ (Cyndi)

Now go to:
32. http://www.wendys-craftycreations.blogspot.com/ (Wendy)



If you've missed some just head on back to the Scrap Matters Blog and take a look at the list. Remember this is an international blog train and some posts might not be up yet. They'll stay up for a long time though, so don't worry. You won't miss out.



And whatever you do, do not miss out on the humongous sale going on in the SHOP this weekend. Everything is at least 30% off until Monday the 29th. And this super fun kit is available free with a $10 purchase.









Let me tell you... it's loaded! Here's what I scrapped with it.







Sheesh... I hope I didn't forget anything. If I did, I'll be back :) Happy Scrapping! And Happy Birthday Scrap Matters!!!





4 comments:

Something Wilde said...

Wow! I bet that is such a treasured time to hear why your family is thankful for you! Great tradition! Happy Birthday to SM & thanks!

Mumure said...

Choo!!Choo!!
Thank tou so much and happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the QPs but more for the tradition idea. I've already called my daugher to share it with her for her 5 and 7 year old!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your tradition!!!!

thanks for the pages!!!